District Supply Office
- To manage the distribution and supply of other essential commodities in the district for the better management of the public distribution system, formulate policy.
- Work to ensure supply of other essential commodities in public distribution system.
This section assumes the responsibility of implementing the following laws.
- Essential Commodities Act-1955
- Protection of black market prevention and supply of essential commodities, act-1980
- Legal Metrology Act-009
- Consumer Protection Act-1986
Arvalli District has Godown in most of the Talukas of the district for the purpose of procurement, storage, quality control, transport and handling, distributing quantity of essential commodities to the fair price shoppers for the distribution of public distribution system.
Functions of District Supply Office
- Fair Price Shops (Selection and appointment)
- Distribution of Essential Commodities
- Ration Cards
- Vigilance committees at rural and urban level
- monitoring of prices of essential commodities
Current Schemes in Arvalli District
- Distribution of food Grains to poor under “ Maa Annapurna Yojana”
- Targeted Public Distribution System
- Consumer Protection Groups
- Free LPG Connections to poor under “Pradhanmantri Ujjavala Yojana”
- Barcoded ration card scheme
District Supply Office,Collectorate office Arvalli
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel Phone no: 02774-250214